As our country adjusts to new norms during RMCO (Recovery MCO), low-income families continue to face an uncertain economic impact ahead. With your help, we have provided over RM655,000 worth of food and urgent aid to more than 500 vulnerable families regularly since March through Projek Sinar. As the first phase of Projek Sinar draws to a close, we did a needs assessment survey with these families and it revealed some alarming realities:
Given such difficult challenges, we want to help our beneficiaries Restart and Rebuild their lives. Initiatives in the pipeline include:
- Helping adults secure Employment, from no job to having a job
- Delivering Essential food aid to families so no one goes hungry in the meantime
- Providing data connectivity and/or devices that enable access to learning (including school learning and our existing programs like KidzREAD, LIT, SiberKIDZ, and Digital Parenting) because Education is vital in boosting the life trajectory for these children
You can help in 2 simple ways:
- Email us at email@example.com or contact us via our social media if your company or office has job openings in the vicinity of Kelana Jaya, Damansara Jaya or Ara Damansara.
- Donate* to us to support the work of equipping them with tools and life skills to restore economic ability and promote social mobility.
Projek Sinar has always been about helping vulnerable families by meeting their real needs. Their needs have evolved, but the mission remains the same. Let's help these families build a stable foundation and increase their Resiliency to weather future crises.
*Yayasan Generasi Gemilang (GG) is a non-profit organization under sub-section 44(6) of Income Tax Act 1967. We have been granted tax exemption status effective 1 June 2020. Therefore, all cash donations from June 1st onward will be tax-deductible. Do note that this is only applicable to donors or donor entities that file taxes with “Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN)”, the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia.